Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mice and Men

Today's song is: Honky Tonk Women .. Mick and Sheryl


The best laid plans of mice and men ... sometimes go astray. I sent in my $200 a night hotel room at the Hong Kong airport, sipping green tea, which I never drink, but I hear soothes the nerves and calms oneself.

I flew from Bangkok to Hong Kong, arriving at 9:30 pm and I went to the transfer desk looking for United Air so I could get my boarding pass to stay inside the international area and look for a quiet cosy place to curl up for 7 hours and catch some sleep until I had to check in at 7 am for my flight to Tokyo. However, one problem, the United air transfer desk was closed with a sign stating they would reopen at 7 am. Bummer, bummer, bummer.

I sat down and pondered what to do. This area of the airport was not a place for a conducive nod off for 7 hours. I decided that I would have to exit, go through immigration and find a hotel. I figured by the time I did all that, caught a taxi to the hotel airports, etc., I would be really grouchy so I just logged into Expedia and booked a room at the only hotel attached to the airport which of course is pricey but convenient, so what the hell, here I am sipping green tea justifying my poor plan.

Luckily I bought a cheap meal on the plane as the room service for a club sandwich is $30. Maybe the green tea will stop my stomach rumbling.

There is one bright side to all this. Tomorrow, I will be showered and refreshed for my flight to Tokyo and then Chicago, and then Ottawa.

Time to catch some shuteye. Let's see, 8 hours at $200 is $25 per hour. That's a lot of fun in Bangkok :-)

Update: June 1st morning (if you are East of the international dateline).

I am waiting to board my ANA flight to Tokyo. Uneventful morning, breakfast at McD's, and check in were uneventful other than United sending me off to ANA because my flight is a Star Alliance code share and they farmed me off to ANA which is better service anyways.  Sixty minutes until boarding.  I think it will be a long day.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment