Monday, April 17, 2017

Farang Beggars

Today's song is: Heaven Can Wait  .. Meatloaf


It appears that more and more farangs are betting to support their asian travel both on the streets and on the net. WTF, the world is going crazy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4400790/Rise-Western-backpackers-begging-fund-trip.html

Back to reality. This morning Jaidan was standing beside my bed (still recovering from my Songkran induced cold) and I noticed that he seemed a bit taller than normal. I looked down to see Jaidan standing on top of my closed 13" Alien-ware laptop, worth well over 50,000 Baht. I quickly moved him off of it and promised never to place it again on the floor.  I open it up, dreading to see a LCD screen with lots of dead pixels at best, and cracked at worst.

Wonder of wonder, not a single problem and Jaidan weighs in at about 22 kilos.  Now the Alien-ware laptop is not the thinnest or lightest out there, but being a game-spec laptop, it is fast and has 16 gb's of ram. I will now add tough to my adjectives when describing this laptop.

I currently work off 2 laptops, the Alien-ware and my 3 year old Lenovo Thinkpad which is military grade specs with respect to dust, heat, and drops, plus it has a spill proof keyboard which has been tested by a glass of red wine, and a glass of coke with ice.

Both laptops are highly recommended if you make a living working on a laptop.


However, the most important piece of tech in my programming world is the 36" curved Samsung monitor I use. Greatly improves my productivity and saves wear and tear on my eyes and promotes good posture.

We are now entering the slowest 6 weeks for nightlife in Bangkok. Fewer tourists means hungrier girls. It is a fun-time for Bangkok lifers  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment