Monday, April 3, 2017

Volvo Memory

Today's song is: Magic .. Rude


This song reminds me of my son's car that he drove during his first year at Trinity Western University just outside of Vancouver Canada. I recommended that we buy this for him because of its accident rating. Turns out that it was a good choice because 6 months later he had a head-on crash when a pickup truck with a drunk driver jumped the median and totaled his car. He managed to walk away with some minor head trauma.

Tonight Thavorn and I head out bar hopping. I just posted an eMail to Stickman's Weekly and I will share the content here. I highly recommend Stick's weekly if you want a historical perspective on Thailand over the years.  https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/

My wife and I are taking advantage of her older children visiting to take a break from our young son and head out bar hopping together. We often take turns going out with our friends but don't often get a chance to go together, except during school holidays when the older children visit Bangkok from their village.

I suggested the bar hopping because that is commonly what I do with my friends. First stop will be Country Road for a pitcher of Singha draft (about 200 baht) and some free games of pool. That will probably be from 6 - 7, which is part of their all-day, until 9 pm happy hour. At 7 pm until 9 pm it is happy hour on Cowboy with beer and liquor prices between 80 and 90 baht. My wife and I will hit 5 different bars and consume a total of 5 drinks each for about 800 baht. During this time we kibbutz with the mama-sans and girls and just appreciate the art form known as the Thai woman's body. Who says Bangkok has to be expensive. Good happy bars to visit at that time are Tilac, Light House, Shark Bar, and Dollhouse. Maybe it is time I checked out Long Gun on your recommendation.

After 9 pm, with a definite glow on, it is time to explore a few new venues. My wife has never been to the Bier Garden so tonight we will walk from Cowboy down to Soi 7 and I will introduce her to the one of my favorite Meet Places, before it is gone forever.

After a beer or two then we will be off to Billboard to sit by the Jacuzzi and be entertained by probably the most entertaining gogo dancers in Bangkok. Just goes to show you don't have to be in the buff to be sexy. Like most Thai women, my wife enjoys looking at other beautiful Thai women, especially when they are fun to interact with.

A beer or two and we will finish off the night with one set at Hillary 2 where we are well known and treated well. My 20% off Hillary discount card helps out as drinks are 180 baht each. If we spend on spending the evening there we like to go with another couple and buy a whole bottle with a set of mixers which can be had for as little as 1,900 baht (albeit, Red Label)

Total cost for one night, two people, including pool, 8 or 9 drinks each, live music and beautiful girls to interact with, over 7 hours is under 2,000 baht (no lady drinks, unless my wife decides to reward some young lovely for entertaining us). That would not even cover the tip for an evening back in farangland (Canada) and then you may, or not, get lucky  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment