Sunday, November 20, 2016

Winter has Arrived .. in Ottawa

Today's song is: Let it Snow  .. Dean martin


Today is officially the first day of winter back in my home town of Ottawa, Canada.  Here is the 7 day forecast:


Flurries on the way  ...

One of the things I don't miss is winter clothes and boots, plus scraping windshields and driving in ice and snow. Matter of fact, I don't miss driving at all except for riding motorcycles. I do enjoy going for a swim outdoors in the sunshine and letting my thoughts drift through the images of snowdrifts and driveways waiting to be shoveled.

I have been doing quite a bit of programming lately so I just had to go out and buy a nice bottle of scotch and settled on this at the local 7/11. BTW, it is wonderful to walk down to the 7/11 and buy booze rather than jumping in a car to go for beer or liquor. Canada is really quite antiquated in a way, actually many ways. We really are a nanny state.


The jury is still out whether programming goes better with red wine or scotch. I tend to drink less of the scotch as it is a much stronger taste.

Thavorn headed out with her friend Tacky for a night on the town, and as usual, drank too much and stayed out to late, but from all accounts had fun with lots of Japanese hitting on her. I was out on Thursday night so I shall not complain, although I was home by 11 pm  .. and I won my pool games 4-1  :-)

I made it to the gym this morning and it was bump day, where I push myself a little faster on the tread and increase the weights I am lifting in my sets, so I am tired.  Time for a nap  ..

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment