Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sprung Today?

Today's song is:  Whisky in the Jar  .. Grateful Dead


This song is dedicated to the ex director of the Ottawa Catholic School Board, Derry Byrne  .. the finest Catholic educator I have known and lots of fun to share a jar of beer with  .. Taken back much too soon  ... he is survived by his memories  ... May he RIP

Thavorn and I, and I suspect Jaidan, are hoping he gets sprung from the hospital today as we are all getting pretty bored with the confines of the hospital room. Jaidan is also starting to be his normal ADDH self :-)

Not too much to reflect upon when your environment is 4 walls and the 7/11 across the street.

However, Shaun and I have been planning his 2 week visit to Thailand during the first 2 weeks of January and that should be fun. So far the trip features 3 days and 2 nights in Thavorn's village, exploring the local spots, the Buddhist temple and market as well as communing with the scorpions at night. I think Shaun will find the village and the neighboring town, Wichian Buri interesting. After the village, we are back to Bangkok for a night and then head off to Pattaya (Sin City) and Shaun has never been there. There is also much of Pattaya that I have never seen, so I am quite looking forward to our 3 days and 2 nights.

After Pattaya, it is back to Bangkok for the remaining week of spaghetti and bar hopping with a few side trips to the local produce market, which is huge as well as a temple or two where Thavorn will take Shaun to atone for his many sins over the previous week ....  5555  ... btw 555 is hah, hah, hah as that is how the number 5 is pronounced in Thai.

I am also looking forward to getting back in the gym as I have now missed 8 days because of Thavorn's trip to the village, my cold, and Jaidan's hospital stay.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment