Wednesday, April 12, 2017

House

Today's song is: Paradise by the Dashboard Light  .. Meatloaf


House was among the top 10 series in the United States from its second through fourth seasons. Distributed to 66 countries, House was the most-watched television program in the world in 2008.[2] The show received numerous awards, including five Primetime Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, a Peabody Award, and nine People's Choice Awards. On February 8, 2012, Fox announced that the eighth season, then in progress, would be its last.[3] The series finale aired on May 21, 2012, following an hour-long retrospective. (Wikipedia)

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think .. 

I was always a big fan of House but unfortunately I missed many of the shows because, at first, they fell on my basketball coaching nights and then I moved to teach in Malaysia and I could not get the series in that country.

I recently purchased a 55 inch LCD television and invested in high speed fiber internet and Netflix. I have spent the last month watching the whole series and tonight I watched the finale, which really did the series justice.

Songs from House

I was pleasantly surprised that the series ending features two favorite themes of mine. Motorcycling with a friend (think Easy Rider) represents Nirvana and life is not a dress rehearsal and one should embrace it to the fullest. I have never regretted the things I have done, just the things I chose not to do. In the immortal works of Ivan Kelly ... 'Don't fool around, buy a round!' If you have not yet read my 'Why This Blog' feel free to do so to understand this paragraph.

The Meatloaf song, 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light', sums it all up ... You don't want to be caught up, praying for the end of time  :-)

The craziness of Songkran starts tomorrow and unfortunately many Thais will experience their end of time  ..


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment