Monday, May 2, 2016

Day 2 in the Village

Today's song is: Summer in the City (village)  .. Lovin Spoonful


The first night was cool so I switched off the fan in the middle of the night. Last night was stinkin hot and I was sweating all night even with the fan on me. Jaidan suffers more in the heat and woke up crying twice and it took some ice water out of the fridge and 10 minutes to calm down each time.

However, I was up, close to dawn and did 5 laps running and 2 laps walking and 2 laps running and a cool down lap. All in all, not too bad .. I can do this!

The aircon tech was supposed to arrive at 10 but he called and said he would be a bit late and arrived at 11:30. He turned out to be a real gem and did everything perfectly, including a wall mount, which I did not expect. He came with his wife who was his helper and their two kids who played with Thavorn's kids during the 2 hour install. Total cost was 2,000 baht or about $30 per hour.

I have my workstation all setup now as I type this entry. Cocooning in my air coned room is fantastic :-) and Jaidan is fast asleep beside me.

Pics:


Jaidan finally cooled off and sleeping


My workstation as I type this post


Blessed is the aircon - Samsung on sale for 10,000 baht

 

The electrical junction box - Thai style with cobwebs


The living/sleeping area


Out back is Lot's rat bike - 2 stroke engine circa 1960


The bamboo tables where the boys imbibe Thai whisky


The wash house toilet


You flush by dumping buckets of water on whatever


View from the throne


The wash house in all its glory


Cooking sticky rice over the charcoal brazier - adding to global warming

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment