Saturday, May 21, 2016

9.1 kilos

Today's song is: Saturday Night Fever  .. Bee Gees


I started my diet and exercise program at 95.6 kilos. I am happy with my progress to date, having lost 4.1 kilos in about 3 weeks. I actually look better than that as I have put on some muscle which to replace some of the fat I have lost so I look and feel better. I hope to break 90 kilos before I head back to Bangkok next weekend.

Thais love to gamble. In the village there are at least 2 ladies who run their own lotteries which is against Thai law. A lot of Thais play, including Jabba. They also play card games where they bet with real cash. These games are also against the law. The local police look for more than 1 or 2 motorbikes outside a house and then walk right in to inspect what is going on. Unlike North America they don't need a warrant, only have to suspect. To get around this, the villagers park their motorbikes at some other house to mislead the police.

There are many free range chickens and free ranging dogs that come by every day to partake of the food scraps that get thrown out the on property. I guess that means they go to good use.

The best part of staying in the village is Jaidan gets so many more chances to play and interact with children close to his own age. Close, being 3.5 years to 9 years of age. No one, seems to be Jaidan's 22 months old. However he seems to keep up physically and is learning to speak Thai. The Thai children seem to really enjoy hanging around the farang boy.


Free range chicken besides the motorbike


Jaidan running after the chickens


Playing with the bigger boys


Children everywhere like to make their own play areas


Jaidan with 2 of his GFs

It is Saturday night and the boys are out back getting pissed on Thai whisky. They will then sleep it off all day Sunday  .. this is a weekly routine. They keep trying to get me to join in, but if I wish to drink I usually do it with pretty Thai ladies :-)

Speaking about Saturday, I am seriously considering heading back to Bangkok next Saturday rather than Sunday, as it is the most fun night in Bangkok and will be my only Saturday in 3 months.  It will also be a real treat to walk to the toilet without looking for snakes on the path, or lifting the toilet seat to check for spiders before getting down to business, or jumping into bed without having to crawl under a mosquito net or having to check for scorpions. You only go around once ...

TTYL

3 comments:

  1. If you do go back early, behave yourself :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You described your typical food intake earlier, how many kilometers would you say you are running? Steady pace, intervals? And are you doing dips between chairs and so forth? Chin-ups? I've been on a fitness kick recently too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do 5 laps of my running track around the lake which is 1.5 km. I then walk 1 lap. Then I run 3 laps. Then I walk a lap. Then I run 2 laps. Then I walk 1 lap to coll down. Total of 3 km. Rather than run longer I am trying to speed up. Read today's post for rationale.

      Yes, doing my chair dips, push ups, and sit ups for upper body. The major reason I like gyms is the cushioned. treadmills

      Delete