Thursday, May 12, 2016

Old Faithful

Today's song is: The Way We Were  .. Barbara 1986


Jabba is certainly regular. Regular in the sense that she rips a mega fart every 30 minutes like Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park. Quite endearing, especially when she lifts a cheek to let lose. On those occasions the fart can be heard from 50 feet away. Jabba is not the least bit chagrined but Thavorn cringes. I think she thinks it bothers me, But WTF, everyone has some sort of talent :-)

I think Jabba fuels these mega farts by her high cellulose diet combines with fatty meats. Last night Lot came home with about 10 big frogs which got diced up like minced meat, then fried and combine with rices and leafy something or others.  The frogs croak certainly seemed to fuel the sonic booms emanating from Jabba's ample nether regions. The farts are usually followed by a laugh ...


I just noticed my passport expires early next year on Feb 12, 2017. It seems only yesterday I was living in downtown Vancouver with my Russian friends. Five years go by quickly, too quickly! I will have to renew my retirement visa in Oct of this year and I I need at least a year left on my passport so that means I will renew it in Ottawa in June or July when I am there.

It is 3 o'clock and 39 degrees so I suspect we will hit 40 degrees again in the next half hour. The heat does kind of zap the energy out of you but I retreat to my air-conned man cave when I feel the heat or need some quiet time. Thais are the like the Chinese, they like to speak (yell) loudly. The Chinese are starting to travel internationally in hordes and they are viewed as a little bit crude (spitting, pointing, etc.). They are coming to a city near you :-)

I am getting bored with the selection of foods here in the village. I guess if I ate rat or frog or snake I would have more choice. I do miss my fast food outlets and CoffeeBean and Starbucks, not to mention my favorite bars. I leave for Bangkok on the 29th so 17 days to go.

I am, however, losing wight and getting in shape which is one of the goals of this village boot camp.

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned travelling hordes. I find that typical airport behaviour of a tourist from this country involves trying to jump ahead of people even in lineups, selfishly competing to put themselves ahead of the pack, and then when they arrive at the clerk's desk, immigration desk or wherever, they aren't ready - there bags are overweight, need to shift things around, documents aren't nicely in order. I've been in airport here several times in 2016 and that is definitely the sort of thing I see.

    ReplyDelete