Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Bangkok in 3 Days - 90.7 kg :-)

Today's song is: A Piece of my Heart  .. Janis


Janis was a big hit when I was a student at University. One of the best female rockers of the time.

It is hump day today here in the village and the market at the Buddhist temple will be open at 4 pm. I hope to buy a couple of roasted chickens to get me through the rest of the week.

I fly out of Bangkok on the 31st and get into Hong Kong at about 9:30 pm. My conundrum (word of the day) is what to do with myself until I fly out at 6 am the next morning. My first thought is to get a bite to eat and then maybe a beer and then look for a place to sleep for about 6 hours (11 pm to 5 am). The hotels at the airport are expensive for a 6 hour sleep. I can also buy a lounge pass for about $80 but I find that steep as well. The floor is looking like an excellent option.

I used to have lots of lounge options on platinum cards but I cancelled them all because I was not flying as often and they made no sense to keep paying their yearly fees. United's lounge pass is $50 US but at today's exchange rates that is not a good deal. It was at even par. The downside to the United lounge is that it closes at midnight. The Premium Lounges are open 24 hours a day. If I cave, it will be for the Premium lounge.

Tonight at 6 pm they are having an exercise/dance session across the street. Many of the village's women are there working out. Jabba is eating while watching the exercise. Having watched her for close to a month I have noticed she eats often, large amounts, and very quickly. She sits or sleeps all day long so she does not burn any calories. I would think she is still in a very large calorie surplus over her daily needs. She will continue to gain weight. It is all on her stomach which is probably not a good thing.

In Canada, we have a law that prevents selling alcohol to inebriated patrons in a bar. Probably a good law. I think there should also be a law that prevents stores from selling junk food to obese customers. I have been watching Jabba eat 'Joe Louis' type pastries for breakfast and throughout the day. She is now completely out of breath when venturing back from the toilet. She starts popping who knows what pills at that moment. It does not take a genius to figure out this does not end well. Stoke or heart attack. Heart attack would be faster and kinder. The only solution at this stage would to be to open her up and carve out the 50 kgs of fat which is not covered by health care in Thailand.

I am on target to hit 90 kgs before returning back to Bangkok. That would mean a drop of 5.6 kilos in 29 days. It has not been easy! I fall asleep at night thinking, wouldn't a beer go well now, or a chocolate bar, bag of cashews, Big Mac, etc. The exercise stuff is easier now and I have learned to just say NO to carbs :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment