Thursday, May 12, 2016

TGIF in the Village

Today's song is: Rather Be by Clean Bandit


Today is Friday in the village, but it may be Thursday for you as I sit beyond the international dateline. So what's happening in the village on a Friday. Pretty well what happens every other day :-) not much. Oh I do miss the bright lights, music, food, and pretty girls of Bangkok! There is always so much happening and so many people descending on Bangkok from all over the world. This is the down season so it is not quite so busy, but probably still busier than other city in the world.

Time to play the Bangkok song once again: Robey this time around


My diet so far consists of 3 boiled eggs in the morning and some meat and a bit of rice at supper time. Sometimes I cave when I can't sleep and I have one slice of bed with peanut butter on it and then I can usually fall asleep before my stomach starts grumbling once again. I keep my stomach full during the day by drinking about 5 liters of water. I also have 2 cups of coffee in the early morning as a wake me up.

It was scary last night as we lost power from late afternoon until 9 pm. I had visions of having to choose between sleeping outside with the mosquitoes and red ants and a 28 degree temperature or sleeping in my man cave with no air-con and a 40 degree temperature. Corrugated tin roofs and concrete walls make for an oven that holds its heat for quite some time. Fortunately the power came back on in time to get to sleep.

However, about midnight, Thavorn woke up with a yell as she was bitten by something in her bed. She flipped on the light and hunted for the culprit which turned out to be a scorpion that stung her on her ear. Shit, I thought I only had to worry about snakes, spiders and assorted bugs, but scorpions are over the top. I felt a little safer hiding under my popup mosquito net but I am not sure it would keep scorpions out. Evil critters :-(


The little bugger was caught and killed by Thavorn

Today is the first day of school and all the urchins headed off in their school uniforms of light purple shirts (Queens colors) and navy blue shorts or skirts. Thavorn loaded up Jaidan, Tai, Tai's boyfriend, and Dun on the motorbike and off they headed the half kilometer to school. Some pics:


Jaidan with Ice, his little sweetie who is 3 years old


The five head off to school

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment