Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Page views are down

Today's song is: Black Magic Woman .. Santana


It is interesting to note that page views are way down since I arrived in the village. I guess my readership finds the village life boring compared to Bangkok, which, of course, it is :-) Perhaps that is why we have the Thai migration from rural areas to the bigger cities. This happened in North America about 100 years ago.  I could use a nice bar in the village, but most folks could not afford it.

Another interesting thing about the village is the economy. Throughout the day various farmers drive around with a loud speaker on their truck adverting their wares. 30 eggs for 100 baht. Freshly butchered chicken (not sure on price), a dicky dee type of ice cream truck/motorcycle. Lots of various fruits, but I can pick mangos from trees on the property.

Here is a pic of Jaidan staying cool outside:



What there is no shortage of is pickup trucks. It seems every 2nd house has a nice pickup. I would guess they drive a nice pickup and the bank owns it for the next 5-7 years. There was a big push to get Thais to purchase a vehicle over the past 2 years to give the economy a boost. The government gave the purchase a big tax break.

I had a bit of a scare today as there was a power blackout but it only lasted 30 minutes. It was interesting to note that the temperature in my little air-conditioned cocoon went from 25 degrees to over 35 degrees in less than 10 minutes.

That is it, from the village, not much happening other than my run this morning. Maybe I should run a boot camp in the village for those who want to lose weight and get fit :-)

TTYL


3 comments:

  1. I like these village posts. Bangkok, I've seen it somewhat, but the village is something new and it's interesting seeing where most of the friendly bar folk came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are about 5 new farang style homes, recently constructed in the village. Some bar girls are successful at catching a farang with money or young enough to get a Thai mortgage.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you can see the generation of bar girls as well as next generation. From time to time the current generation drops into the village. I meet all three generations. One poppa stopped me ans asked how his 18 year old daughter can meet a farang. He was tired of her sitting around home, eating, sleeping, and watching TV :-)

    ReplyDelete