Tuesday, May 10, 2016

10 Days In and a Day Off

Today's song is: Start Me Up  .. YASS


I am into my 10th day and I took a day off from running as I woke up a bit late and decided it was too hot. Bit of  a wimp out, but a day off will give the joints and muscles time to recover and will not hurt my aerobic development much.

Wonder of wonder, there is no construction work today as the electrical is in and the suspended ceiling is finished.

Besides a pickup truck, it appears that every house in the village has a satellite dish. I checked out the feed in Thavorn's house and it goes into a box (PSI s-x) that has only RCA outputs. Pretty archaic. I was thinking of plugging in an HDMI monitor I am not currently using but I would be looking at a RCA to HDMI converter and I would guess my chances of finding it are slim in Wichian Buri. But, given the popularity of dishes, maybe not.

The other thought I had was upgrading the box to a PSI S2 which is digital and features RCA, plus HDMI for about $60. However, I do not know if it will work with the existing dish. Apparently they put a new satellite in orbit to supply the digital content, so even if the same dish could be used, it would probably have to be reoriented.  The whole package, box plus dish, plus installation is $100 and there is no monthly fee. However, I am out of the village in 20 days so this is just mental exploration at this time.

I do get NetFlix in the village on my laptop and have been watching the Marco Polo series which is excellent. However, my data plan is limited to 20 GB and I have to be careful as I need the plan for my business.

That's it, not much happening in the village.

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. I had a look at Wichian Buri - right in the center of the country. Looks pretty isolated. You are doing well, 1/3 in.

    ReplyDelete