Monday, May 30, 2016

Bangkok :-)

Today's song is: The Road to Dublin - High Kings


The bus trip from the village to Bangkok was uneventful except for the Thai lady who snuggled up to me and ended up falling asleep first leaning against me then sprawling across my lap. Hey, this is Thailand :-)

I arrived in Bangkok at 1:30 pm and caught a taxi to Soi 20 where my hotel, the Golden Tulip is located. Check in was uneventful and I was impressed with the size, decor, and cleanliness of my $50 a night hotel that I would classify as 4 star. Highly recommended if you are planning on visiting Bangkok and want to be located right in the middle of where all the action is in Bangkok.

Last night I visited many of my favorite bars; Country Road (Pool), Dollhouse (pretty Ladies), and Crazy House (crazy pretty ladies).  An old friend Jimmy was at Country Road and was sad because his dog of many, many years, who went everywhere with him passed away. The dog was really cute and very well behaved. I asked Jimmy if he planned to replace the dog and Jimmy said he would not because he is fairly old and would probably die before the new dog.  Jimmy is quite the character, must be in his late 70's and is of mixed ethnicity, speaks about 4 languages and is quite a good pool player.

Today I woke up feeling a wee bit hungover but 2 coffees later I am feeling better. I have some business to attend to and then I met King John and Arthur for wings and beer and then the 3 kings will head out for a night of bar hopping in Bangkok.  I won't over indulge (famous lat words) because I have a 24 hour trip back to Ottawa starting tomorrow with an overnight stay in Hong Kong with a 6 am flight out the next morning.

Probably my next post will be from Ottawa.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment