Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Bangkok in 4 Days

Today's song is a duet .. very unlikely couple .. Willie and Julio


Drinking water in the village has changed since Thavorn was a child. It used to be the drinking water was collected in cisterns that were filled by rain water falling from the roof. I asked Thavorn if the water was treated or boiled before drinking and she no. I hate to think of the bugs and mosquito larve that was in the water. Thavorn said they did not get sick.

Nowadays, a truck comes by with large containers of water (maybe 25 liters) which sell for 12 baht. Thavorn says it comes from wells and is treated before being placed in recycled containers. I have been drinking this for the past month with no ill effects.

Here is what the old cisterns looked like and the new containers:


The new recyclable containers.


Old cistern used to collect rain water.


Two cisterns outside the house.

There are countless numbers of these cisterns located on every property througout the village. They are huge and there is no place to put them, and no garbase collection. They will still be here 50 years from now. Too big to be flower pots :-)

Jaidan's closest in age friend is Ice. He plays with her all the time. Here they are visiting me in my man cave and chowing back on chicken legs cooked up by Thavorn.



Jaidan spends much of his day asleep in the hammock while the children are at school.

I am still running and working out (chairs). I hope to make my goal of 90 kg by the end of the month. Thavorn tempted me with a glass of beer last night and I caved. However, it was Leo beer and cost me 160 calories. My favorites, Singha Lite and San Miguel Lite are 95 and 100 calories respectively.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment