Saturday, May 14, 2016

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Today's song is: Umbrella .. Rhianna


I was robbed of my run today. Apparently the lake, enclosed by the track I run on, was seeded with fish about a year or two ago and today was fishing day. The village folk descended with their nets and carried off bushels of good sized fish. They will be eating fish for the next week at least. I did not want to be the lone farang running in the heat around a lake full of fisher folk. I can hear them now, 'What is that crazy farang doing?'

The weather has also become quite predictable for the past 4 days. The temperature steadily climbs towards about 40 degrees until about 3:30 pm when a strong wind suddenly appears and starts blowing dust everywhere. The sky gradually darkens and about 4:30 pm the heavens let loose with a deluge of water for about an hour. It has the nice effect of dropping the temperature to about 30 degrees by 6 pm.

Today, Thavorn gave the man cave a thorough inspection for any lingering scorpions. I think she too will be sleeping under our umbrella-like folding mosquito nets. Only the best mosquito nets for my man cave. Pics:


Thavorn and Jaidan's bed with the mosquito net folded in the corner.


My sleeping area with my mosquito net deployed already.

My meals today consisted of, you guessed it, fish from the lake, with rice and hot sauce for lunch. Supper was 3 boiled eggs mopped up with 2 slices of brown bread. Throughout the day I researched stuff on the net and drank 3 coffees, one for breakfast, lunch, and supper. I am not sure how many calories but I think under 1,000 calories for the day

I think the lake is now fished out so I should be able to continue my running tomorrow morning about  7 am. Actually, they had some sort of Buddhist ceremony in the morning but it was over by 11 am and it was cooler today so I did get my run in but late.

At 3 pm we headed into Wichian Buri to buy a sharpening stone to remedy the dull blades around the house. It will give me something to do. You should not have to whack the fins on a fish 5 times before they separate from the body. Just not efficient, but efficiency takes planning I guess and remember, Thais live in the present. The past is gone and the future is tomorrow and we need not worry about it. 

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment