Thursday, June 2, 2016

Ottawa :-)

Today's song is: I've Been Everywhere Man  .. Stompin Tom


I arrived in Ottawa last night on time at 9:30 pm and got waylaid by customs, not sure why and my one bag got checked and I had a great discussion with the customs agent who was from Hong Kong and is now in Canada. He wanted to know if things had changed much in S.E. Asia since he he was there. We agreed, not too much had changed.  Nice guy and a great example of how multicultural Canada is.

The weather is cooler, in the low 20's which is actually quite nice coming from 40 something. It was hot in Ottawa (33 degrees or 39 with the humidex) last week. I guess I would have felt right at home. I will have to jump on my sister's treadmill as I probably consumed too many calories during my trip back, not to mention the 3 glasses of wine last night.

I just got back from Bayshore where I went to get a data plan from WIND, the the person at the counter looked my phone up and said it would not work with WIND but I checked just now and it would have but I ended up just getting a voice and txt plan from Fido for $25 CDN which can sit in my second sim slot whereas the WIND sim would have had to be swapped out with my Thai sim which is a pain in the ass.  I can always use wifi for my data needs when in Canada. In Thailand my phone's data plan is also my work laptops data access as well, so my needs are different.

The Fido guy asked me lots of questions about visiting Thailand but decided he could not afford the $1200-1800 for the air ticket. He was comparing it to flying to Cuba for $500.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment