Saturday, June 18, 2016

Jaime's 30th

Today's song is: Danny Boy  .. Irish Rovers  .. one of my favorite songs


June 17th was my daughter Jaime's 30th birthday and we are having a dinner party at Milestones at Lansdowne  Park in Ottawa.  Not sure who all is going but I know both my sisters, Bill (Ann's hubby) are going. I hope Jordan and Stasa (Jordan's GF) will be there as well.

I traveled from my business partner's house in Orleans by bus to my sister's house and it took me about 2 hours which includes a 20 minute walk to and from Transit stations at each end. All in all, I am finding Ottawa's transit system pretty easy to navigate. Riding the bus is like being in the United Nations, definitely a multicultural experience. At times, I am definitely a visible minority while riding the bus :-)

I had a great chat with Thavorn via LINE video today. She is managing well but is starting to get bored. The past 2 days she has been visiting a friend who gave birth 3 days ago. Her friend has a 2 year old still in diapers and her friend's Thai BF is useless and refuses to change the 2 year old's diapers or cook meal. Typical Thai male. Thavorn had nothing good to say about him.

Thai women who manage to find a good farang are always amazed with their work ethic, politeness, and how well they treat women. Frankly, it is not hard to look good given the Thai competition :-)

The weather has warmed up considerable in Canada over the past week. For those of you who think Canada is always the great white north, you may be surprised at how hot it gets in the summer, although it is still officially Spring.


Milestones is a pretty expensive restaurant so I imagine the bill for my meal will be quite expensive compared to Thailand. The comparison I like to make is: my Thai meal (similar quality) will cost me the equivalent of the tip on the Canadian meal. In other words, the Thai meal costs 20% of the Canadian meal. That is why I prefer to live 7 months of the year in Thailand.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment