Monday, September 21, 2015

Out and About

Today's song is: Just Give Me a Reason  ... Pink and Nate Russel ...



and I Just Want to Feel This Moment ... Pitbull and Christina - another favorite


and Whistle Baby - all 3 fun dance songs in BKK bars with Live Music


I did my Rip Van Winkle impression 2 nights ago, sleeping for 18 hours but it appears my jet lag has come and gone. Thavorn and I decided to head out to Rendezvous Bar for a drink. As we walked down the soi I discovered that no one had seen Thavorn, Jaidan or me for a month. The same statement, 'Long time no see ... where you go?' was asked in Tinglish. It seems that Thavorn was always in a taxi with Jaidan when she went out. I was not surprised because at 14.5 kilos, he is a big heavy boy!

We went out at 5 pm because it was over 35 degrees in Bangkok and we waited until the temperature dropped. I took Jaidan swimming at around 2 ish and the water was a warm 85 degrees.

After a vodka and orange juice we headed off for Soi Cowboy to listen to some music at Country Road. We ordered a jug of Singha and Thavorn disappeared to play pool with one of the pool girls and Jaidan and I chatted with some bar girls and listened to music. It was good to get out for a night.

Thavorn won the first 2 games and lost the next 3. Not too bad because she has not played for over a month and the pool girls play every day. I tried to play a game but Jaidan objected strenuously as I left the table so I decided to stay with my boy. I should get a chance to play later this month as my buddy Shaun flies into BKK from China on the 29th for about 5 days of fun.

Cowboy was pretty busy, despite what I had heard about a lull in business. Ditto for Queen's Park on Soi 22. I did notice that some more massage bars have closed down which does not surprise me as there was a glut of them. As a source of entertainment they are fairly limited in what they offer. Pay to play with no music, talk, etc.

Thavorn's birthday is September 24 and mine is September 23 and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. She had a difficult time coming up with an answer and she finally decided she had everything (other than a house) that she needed or wanted, and a dinner out at Wine Connection or the Sheraton would be good. I asked her if she wanted to fly somewhere for a vacation and she responded that everyday was a vacation for her. Nice to be in a happy place :-)

I think I will take a couple of hours over the rest of this week and practice my pool game. I also need to get to the gym!

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Re: 3 songs of the day. Was expecting the usual one, but found, 2 out 3 aint bad!! Guess which one is OTT! Seems like you are glad to be home, bro!

    ReplyDelete