Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hangover 2

Today's song is a video  ... the Trailer from Hangover 2.



Well, if you watched Hangover 2 which happens in Bangkok, you have a pretty good idea what happened to Shaun and I last night (Tuesday). My wing man woke up just outside of Insanity Night Club about 4:30 am. He thinks he had a good time but really can not remember. I was not much help as I ended up flying solo about midnight when we got separated somewhere between Black Pagoda and King Castle, a katoey bar.

The night started off innocently around 3 pm when Shaun and I were playing pool at Country Road on Soi Cowboy. We had a jug or 2 of Singha beer and Thavorn and Jaidan joined us for a couple of hours. Around about 5 ish, Shaun, Thavorn, and Jaidan took a taxi back to our apartment as Jaidan was getting antsy and Shaun was not dressed for a night out on the town.

Left to my own devices, I drank some more beers, shot some pool with some of the bar girls, met a new British bloke from Manchester and between the two of us we entertained a significant number of the staff at Country Road. After about 2 hours one of the older bar ladies exclaimed, 'Jimmy, I not know you so much fun ... you usually quiet!'. Yes, I am, when I am out with Thavorn and Jaidan. However ...

Around about 8 pm Shaun shows up and we order some vodkas and red bull. At this point, my wing man decides we need another wing person and he bar fines a young lady to keep us company. We also decide to head off on the MRT (subway) to the infamous Pat Pong bar district. We ended up bar hopping and for some reason, in the second bar, Shaun bids adieu to our wing person (not sure why) but that put us on the slippery slope into our Hangover 2 experience.

Around about midnight we got separated and never connected again because Shaun did not have a sim card in his phone. I ended up playing pool for money in an outdoor pool area and ended up getting schooled by a very pretty bar girl who took pity on me by buying more beer, which I definitely did not need and my game went downhill from there.

My lady friend and I ended up in a katoey bar discussing which lady boy had the most goods. About 1:30 am I started looking for Shaun and could not find him so I took a taxi home hoping Shaun was being well looked after. Shaun did make it home about 5 am (having walked from Insanity) with a Hangover 2 lapse of memory. The good news is no tattoos :-).

Whatever happened, I can guarantee it was not boring but tonight will be a rest and reflect night and tomorrow is another day in the City of Angels.

TTYL

4 comments:


  1. Unless talking to foreigners who don't know any different, Thais will never call their capital city Bangkok - indeed, some Thais in the more remote provinces may never have even heard of it being called that. Instead in Thai it is known as Krung Thep (กรุงเทพ), which roughly translates to 'City of Angels'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where I was: Narz Club (http://www.narzclubbangkok.net/)

    ReplyDelete