Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Friends

Today's song is: by Nickleback ... How you Remind Me. Only fitting to have a Canadian Band while I am in Canada.


Although I am enjoying Seeing Old friends and Family Miss Thavorn and Jaidan I do. I Video chat with them via LINE and they seem to be surviving quite Nicely Without me.I am toying with the Idea of spending the Summer months in Canada and the Winter. months in Thailand. I have always liked the outdoors and I could purchase a Class C motor home for the summer months in Canada and then rent for 7 months in Thailand. This kind of the opposite of what most snowbirds do as they use their motor homes in the wintertime.

However, I will not make that decision for at least a year as. quite content doing what I currently do, spending most of my time in Thailand.

I am having dinner with an old friend at 6:15 today and then tomorrow (Wednesday) I am at the public board and then Thursday I am having lunch with an old friend from Carleton University who used to work as a bouncer with me.

In between, I am programming for my company so I am quite busy.

On my way to dinner tonight I will stop and shop at the Guest warehouse outlet. My Russian friend is now a Guess model so she is on her way to a successful modelling career. I knew it was only a matter of time until someone discovered her.

I try to stay in touch with. overly fond of Facebook and its self-aggrandizing model of staying in touch. After all, what is a friend? Certainly no one has hundreds of friends, mostly passing acquaintances. Ditto for Linked-In.

At sometime I really should consider writing a book on the bar girls of Thailand as most books on the subject were written by jaded punters. They all have a story to tell and no one is telling it. It is a fascinating subculture.

The weird news of the day is the Thai police offered a reward for information related to the capture of the Bangkok bomber and then apparently they think they have found him themselves, so they are claiming the reward. Only Thai logic could make sense of that!

TTYL

1 comment: