Thursday, September 3, 2015

Friends

Today's song is: That's What Friends are for by Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Gladys Knight


I am planning a get together at Big Rig in the Pinecrest Mall at 7 pm on Tuesday, September the 15th, my last night in Canada. I have sent out an eMail invite and I hope you can all make it.

I have made contact with many long lost friends during this trip. Everyone from basketball coaching buddies, to basketball parents and fellow bouncers from the Carleton pub. Many great trips down memory lane.

My only friend regret is that most of them are not adventuresome enough to travel halfway around the world to visit me.

I am seriously considering become a reverse snowbird by living in a Class C Motor home during the 5 summer months in Canada and then living the remaining 7 months of the year in a condo in Thailand. This would enable me to maintain my OHIP and RTO and introduce Jaidan and eventually Thavorn to Canada.

So if anyone is interested in borrowing a RV Home during the winter months I will have one available starting in the late fall of 2016 is things go well or 2017 if the visa's do not go well.

Sitting down with friends you have not seen for a long time is a great way to review where you have been and helps confirm your plans for the future.

Thavorn and Jaidan seem to be surviving quite well without me. I am halfway into my visit and they are doing well.



TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Awesome reconnecting again yesterday Jim! Forty years seemed like yesterday. These are certainly the good old days and times!

    ReplyDelete