Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Moving Day

I started off living in Thailand by couch surfing with friends. I then moved to a studio apartment for a year and that was cheap and cozy at 12,000 Baht a month. I then acquired a full time GF and I acquired a 2 bedroom apartment at 24,000 Baht with the hope of some visitors dropping by. Shaun did drop by as he was in the vicinity but no one ventured halfway around the world to visit me.

I really liked the building I live in. It is semi modern, having been constructed in 2005 and has a nice pool, but lacks a gym. What to do?

I asked the building management, which are great people (Thai Chinese) and they said they had some similar size apartments with one bedroom. I decided to take a look and was immediately impressed with a bright well appointed unit with, wonders of wonders, a bathtub.

Now that Jaidan is here I really wanted to start up my old routine of taking a bath with the kid for 20 minutes every night. Well, today we moved, and tonight Jaidan and I enjoyed our 20 mins in the tub! The new apartment is cheaper at 22,000 Baht and I plan to use the 2,000 savings a month to get gym memberships for both Thavorn and myself.

I will shoot some pics tomorrow in daylight and add them to this post. That, and buy a rubber ducky for the tub!

For those of you who did not visit last year, I have a great couch that easily sleeps 2 for couch surfing :-)

There are also 5 studio apartments that I can rent by the month. They rent for 17,000 Baht and are the equivalent of a very large hotel room. So, I save 24,000 a Baht a year and when family (Jaime, Jordan, Ann, and Elaine) and friends come to visit, I can put them in their own studio apartment for a month and still be saving money. It's all good!

After a day moving, I am bagged so, TTYL ...

1 comment:

  1. Good building and location. I bet you will like being in the gym again. Triceps work on a chair is tough but only for people who are too heavy for their own good...

    ReplyDelete