Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mark Twain

Mark Twain's is famous for his quotations as well as his writings. A favorite of mine is 'Familiarity breeds contempt and Children'. I already have a baby but there is never any contempt in my mind for Thavorn ... but ... this morning I wake up to a beautiful sunny day in paradise and leave the bedroom to go make my morning coffee and Jabba has the balcony doors wide open, no screen, and the air con on as well. I think to myself, if you want to enjoy the sunshine ... get your ass off the floor ... and go for a walk outside ... among other things but I quietly close the doors and think to myself .... Thais not go moon.

Another author, Douglas Adams wrote 'A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe'. I mention that because I believe the real hitchhikers of the universe are head lice. They actually sell a fine toothed comb for combing the little buggers out of your hair. Despite constant attack by Thai, they persist in Thais hair. Mark Twain is proven right again as the little buggers breed voraciously. I will attempt to find some lice shampoo today when we take Dun to the medical clinic when it opens at 5 pm.

Perhaps you wonder what is wrong with Dun. It turns out he has a Staphylococcus infection as evidenced by the boil in his groin area. Nice of Jabba to introduce that into my home. I try to get Thavorn to explain to them, especially Dun, that they constantly have to be washing their hands with anti bacterial soap which I always have in the washroom. I have noticed that hand washing by Thais is not all that common. I am particularly worried about Jaidan as both Thai and Dun are constantly touching him.

On another note today is the last day of Songkran in Bangkok although it goes on for 2 more  days in 'Sin City' ... Pattaya. While Songkran is on, it is difficult to take Jaidan out for his daily 2 hour walk and I sense he is a little bored with the in house entertainment :-)

Yours truly ... lice and staph free ... so far ... TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment