Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sex Industry - Part 4

At this moment in my Bangkok experience I had a weekend GF and no external job ... by that I mean the Vancouver contract had disappeared, as had my Russian friends. They were back in Malaysia which means I no longer helped support them in their efforts to achieve a better life. I am not sure Malaysia is the place to achieve that goal, but time will tell.

Around about this time my Mother passed away in Canada and in my sister's words, I was an orphan (Father previously deceased). I was definitely in need of friendship and company. My never ending divorce was ongoing and costing me lots of money so I had to be a bit frugal. I moved into a studio apartment at 12,000 Baht a month. That was down from the 25,000 Baht apartment that Pot and I had shared. I took to wandering the streets at night and frequented a few bars.

One bar that I enjoy is Hillary 2 that features 3 live bands a night. They are quite good and play music I like. I was there one night,with friends from Vancouver and they checked out a little early. Three girls at the next table over asked if they could join me and I said yes, prepared to buy a round of drinks. It turn out they had their own money and one of them bought me a drink. Now that is very strange in Bangkok and that is how I met crazy 'Not' (not her real name, but why not? ... pun intended). After a couple of hours I checked out and thought I would not see Not again.

However, one day I was at the ATM and when I turned around, 'Not' was waiting her turn. I asked if she lived around here and she said no, that she worked around the corner at a Massage shop. Turns out Not worked the Industry but liked to party when she took a day off. I was a little intrigued and walked with her to the shop and had a beer. She asked if I would like a massage and I declined and in all our time together, I never had a massage from Not although she is highly recommended by some of my friends.

I enjoyed Not's company and asked her if she played pool and she said no. I offered to teach her and she told me she worked 11 am to 2 am, 7 days a week, and would take 1 day off every 2 weeks. I asked her why she worked so much and she told she she likes money, wants to buy a car, and has an 9 year old back in the village that she looks after (along with her family I presumed). Can you call in sick? She said no, that she gets deducted a bar fine for everyday she takes off unless she goes back to her village for an extended period of time like 2 weeks.

I suggested that I could bar fine her for the day and I could teach her how to play pool and perhaps see a movie and have dinner later (the GFE, girl friend experience). She agreed and that was start of my weekday GF relationship. We would meet for breakfast  around 10ish or Not would come stay at my apartment after work, rather than travel the 30 mins home to her apartment. She would normally arrive about 2:30 am. I was upfront with Not and told her I had a serious relationship with GF1 on the weekends and that I could never see her then. She said she was okay with that.

Not was very popular and often was bar fined out of the massage shop for a night, or a week, and sometimes a month when one of her regular businessman types came into town on business. This meant I was often without Pot or Not. At this moment in time they are truly GF's because there is no money changing hands for services rendered apart from paying 750 Baht to spring Not from the shop. One day I asked Not what would it take to leave the industry and she said she averages 50,000 a month and that would be what it would take. I certainly could not afford to pony up half of my monthly income to achieve that goal. My relationship with Not lasted about 9 months and I met her daughter, went on vacation with her, and just generally enjoyed her company. I was just like the Thai boyfriend that most Thai girls working in the industry keep on the side.

When Pot asked me what I did during the week I told her about Not and she was not upset as in Pot's words, 'Men have needs'. It was at this time that I realized that relationship was on the wane. A little bit bittersweet but I understood why. Pot at 33 years of age was getting tired of waiting on my divorce and a commitment.

Then, one night, bored out of my tree, I went for a walk to QPP. I decided on a whim to take one of the four little lanes that I avoid because the girls are a little aggressive. It was not busy that night and I strolled along and noticed a girl with the most beautiful, welcoming smile. I smiled back and walked on, as I already had GF1 and GF2 and was fairly happy, if sometimes bored. I turned the corner and decided to loop around and this time I stopped to talk to the girl with the smile. Turned out she spoke almost no English. That is usually the sign for me to move on as I enjoy chatting the most, next to playing pool and engaging in sex. That is usually step 1, step 2, and step 3 for me.

For some reason I persisted and engaged another of the bar girls to translate for me. It turns out this girl had arrived 3 days ago from her village and was brand spanking new to the industry. She did not even have a phone. She had borrowed 3,000 Baht from the village loan shark and had set off to Bangkok to change her life, tired of Thai boys boxing on her, and/or cheating on her.

That was how I met Thavorn, the love of my life and mother of my third child. Our relationship had a slow start. I told her about GF1 and GF2 and said I would drop by to chat on nights I was free. I would buy her drinks and laugh a lot as she mangled the English language. My Tinglish is good and we communicated at times. About the 4th night we chatted, I gave her my old cell phone that I was not using any longer. It was a decent smart phone and some of the girls were surprised when I gave it to Thavorn as I had not bar fined her at all. That was to change.

The 5th time I met Thavorn, I bar fined her and took her to Hillary 2 where she had the time of her life. She was still trying to be a bar girl and was wearing heels and did a face plant on the way home as she had never worn or owned heels in the village. I laughed and laughed and as did she. She had, and still has, the ability to laugh at herself. On the way home she told me she loved me and I laughed and said, "You not know me... you like me." I told her we could be friends but GF1 and GF2 came first. I also told her that bar girls need a friend in Bangkok or they would get hard. She said okay.

I would take Thavorn to movies during the day and once or twice a week we would go to Hillary. Thavorn is very attractive but we never had sex as Not had a key to my room and I was never sure when she would come visit me during the week. It turns out that one night Thavorn got tanked and I did not want to leave her alone so I brought her home and placed her in bed, clothes in all, and she immediately fell asleep. You can probably guess what happened. Not arrives at 2:30 am and finds GF3 in my bed. It did not matter that she was fully clothed or not, and Not went ballistic. Never, never piss off your Thai GF!! I put Thavorn in a taxi and when I went back upstairs I asked Not for her key and suggested she go home as well.

That was how GF3 became GF2. It was not long before Pot informed me she had rekindled a relationship back up North and was getting married. I wished her well and we still chat online from time to time. GF2 became GF1 and we are still laughing each and every day. My Dad used to say never go shopping for food when you are hungry or buy a car when you need one.  Very wise words indeed.

I met Thavorn under those circumstances. I think it was fate or karma or some such weird stuff. It turns out she is a tiger like me and I am born on September 23 and she is born on September 24. I bought out her contract and she moved in with me and we subsequently moved into a larger apartment. Jaidan was a surprise. I left the choice to Thavorn and she decided to keep the baby. I would probably have left her if she had aborted. But I was not surpised! Thavorn was 27 when she became pregnant with Jaidan and she had already had 3 babies so she did not really want a 4th pregnancy, and as it turned out the farang baby caused her much morning sickness but she never complained.

I just want you to understand, that a farang can find peace, happiness, and love with a Thai girl, but you won't get it right the first couple of times. Third time lucky :-)

Part 4 will feature the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the Sex Industry.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment