Thursday, August 11, 2016

Village Life

Today's song is: Up Where We Belong  .. Joe Cocker  .. authored by Buffy


I was awake early at 5:30 am, showered and decided to head off about 6:30 to the North Eastern Bus Terminal in Bangkok. I usually take a taxi there but this time, because I was early, I decided to take the BTS to the Mo Chit terminus and then try a taxi or motorcycle taxi to get to the bus terminal which I thought was fairly close, and is as the crow flies, but unfortunately I am not a crow.

There was a motorcycle taxi driver floating around and he seemed eager to solicit my ride, which should have been a warning sign to me. I accepted the ride but neglected to ask his price which I would normally do in this type of situation. The good news is I got to the terminal fast, but the bad news is he wanted 300 baht when it should have been about 100 baht. I decided it was not worth the effort, especially as I knew better, and should have cleared the price first.

I also arrived just in time to catch the 7:40 bus to Wichian Buri which put me in about 11:30 and Thavorn was waiting at the drop off area to drive me to the village on her motorbike.

So I am back in the village much to the delight of Jaidan and the many red ants that live around the house. For some reason, the little buggers love chomping back on farang flesh.

The first item of the day, was to unpack my 34 inch curved Samsung monitor and I am back in productivity heaven. I can't believe how dependent I have become on it. Highly recommended.

Thavorn is frying up some pork for me and I will add some rice and a bit of hot sauce. This is pretty standard fare for me in the village. She added some bbq'ed asparagus  .. yummy as my Russian friends were wont to say.

Yesterday's post mentioned how the younger bar girls are much more business savvy than the previous generation and after a little bit of thought I realized we have the internet and smart phones to thank for that. More power o the young ladies but boo hiss to the Japanese that are so willing to pay any price. If they only knew what the Thai girls thought of them  .. 333's

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. My monitor is a mere 27 inch 2560x1440px, but I love it :) 34 inch would be dreamy.

    ReplyDelete