Friday, August 19, 2016

Lucky .. no rain!

Today's song is: Don't Fear the Reaper  .. Blue Oyster Cult


I managed to find a bottle of Peter Vella's Smooth Red wine in Wichian Buri at 259 baht or just under $9 Canadian. I am just finishing it off with a slice of bread and peanut butter that I discovered at the Tesco Express in Wichian Buri. Life does not get much better although both my sister's would disagree with my wine choices and sandwich spread  :-)


We got lucky with the rain that was forecast as it passed us by. Just as well as the house contents would have got soaked as half the house was without a roof for 2 days. The roofing was supposed to arrive today but appears to be late. Not to worry, not a cloud in the sky.

Here are some more construction pics:











A word to you farangs out there with a Thai GF. When she says she needs money to replace the roof on her house back in the village, she is probably not shittin you :-) but it is best to go and watch the process to make sure!

On another note, I carry life insurance with Sun Life back in Canada to make sure Jaidan and Thavorn are looked after if I get thrown under the bus. My rate for the last 5 years was $160 a month and they just informed me that my next 5 years would be at $580. Nothing like a 300% rate increase to ruin your day. Sun Life is an old style insurance company with suits selling the policies and the company paying dividends to its share holders.

I looked on the net and many companies are significantly cheaper including BMO (Bank of Montreal) and CAA (Canadian Automobile Association). They can sell cheaper for a variety of reasons, number 1 being they are leaner and sell on the net. I will let you know who I decide to go with, but I need to wait until the weekend is over.


TTYL

2 comments:

  1. Have no problem with PB and toast EXCEPT when you eat it in lieu of daily veggies and fruit, idjit!!! Am jealous of the price of your red wine. Also, check the fine print on these policies. Suspect there's a catch somewhere; too good to be true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, would anyone name a wine Peter Viella's Rough Red Wine?

    ReplyDelete