Saturday, August 20, 2016

MLC

Today's song is: Jump  .. Van Halen


MLC is a TLA (3 letter acronym) for mid life crisis. Traditionally mid life was considered to be 35 - 55 but it now seems to have been pushed upwards to 45 - 65 as we live a little longer.  The typical MLC can take many forms. Here is my friend Billy:



Not a pic of the real Billy, but very similar. Billy is very conservative and this was a safe MLC for Billy and most MLCs require you to be foot loose and fancy free (unattached, at least initially). Sometimes that means their starter marriage comes to an end as people change.

Many men will go for a trophy wife in their MLC. However, that assumes a certain level of prosperity. If you do not plan well you may end up as this comedian states

"My wife got the house, the car, the kids. I got the guilt and a four-man tent," he says. "The tragedy is, I don't know four men that like camping."  .. or visiting Thailand :-)

If that is the case then I might suggest Thailand is a more affordable MLC for many men.  These pics reflect how some men in Thailand are spending their MLC:







If you drop into the Beer Garden on Sukhumvit 7 in Bangkok at any time of day you will see a similar cast of characters. It is truly an interesting place to sit, sip a beer and watch. What is more interesting is to actually talk to the girls and get to know them. Once they realize you are truly interested in talking rather than boom boom, they really open up. I find the girls' view of the guys very entertaining.

As I have often mentioned, one day I hope to write a book. I already have a large collection of people to draw on, from punters, to bar girls, to mamasans, to bar owners, to GF's, past and present, plus a few lifers such as myself.

TTYL





7 comments:

  1. This is the first time I came to this blog and I found some relevant stuff here. Basically I keen to know new parameters of writing every-time and sometime it become really very hard to find such kind of platform.
    นาฬิกา ถูก ๆ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.
    จอง เลข ทะเบียน รถ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one. โปรโมชั่น Tops

    ReplyDelete
  4. I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job.ร่ม รถยนต์

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nature always helps a writer to learn from its elements. Nature always try to teach new lessons and a writer transform its experience into words. He can transform even silence into words. This blog taught me a lesson.
    ร่ม กันแดด รถยนต์

    ReplyDelete
  6. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    ซื้อ รถ เก๋ง มือ สอง

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am truly inspired by this online journal! Extremely clear clarification of issues is given and it is open to every living soul. I have perused your post, truly you have given this extraordinary informative data about it.
    ซื้อ รถ เก๋ง มือ สองa

    ReplyDelete