Monday, August 29, 2016

2 more Nights!

Today's song is: Riders on the Storm  .. Doors, Morrison


Two more nights and I will cease to be a mosquito pin cushion! There is about a 6 hour window where I can sit outside and not be eaten alive. That is about noon to 5 pm when the little buggers have their afternoon siesta. Maybe I need to buy a motorcycle to outrun them. I really like the new Honda CB650F that came out in 2015. It is made in Thailand and sells for only 285,000 baht in Thailand. Put 55,000 baht down and pay only 5,000 baht a month which is the usual fluctuation in Thai/Canadian currency exchange rates and if the Canadian dollar grows in strength by one US penny it covers the cost of the bike!.


It is fairly compact so it would be good for threading through the traffic in Bangkok. It is also easier to adapt to driving on the left hand side of the road as all the controls are where I would normally expect them to be. I have the distinct feeling that a motorcycle is in the near future for me. I would buy it in the village as Thavorn already has a credit rating with the Honda dealership in town. Unfortunately, they have the white model in the showroom and I prefer the red one above.



I think it would make a great Christmas present for someone (c'est moi).

TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment