Thursday, August 18, 2016

Storm on the Way

Today's song is: Sunshine of Your Love  .. Cream  .. Past and Present


The work on the outdoor kitchen is proceeding, albeit slowly. We decided to replace a portion of the interior roofing which was leaking and was frankly, unsightly to look at. There is a major storm system arriving that will affect northern Thailand with flooding predicted. The middle provinces such as Phetchabun are expecting heavy rain as well. It will be interesting to see what happens with the construction. I have warned Thavorn of the impending rain to arrive later tomorrow afternoon.


Some pics:




The roof slowly being removed before wooden rafters are replaced with steel and new sheet metal roofing. The metal rafters are constructed on the spot out of beams that are cut and welded together. The interesting thing is how they level the posts in the top 2 pics. They do not used a level. They use a string with a weight attached . Seems to work okay, but I believe a level would be faster, but time sis not an important factor in Thai lives.

Speaking of time and speed, it is interesting to see the difference between Thais and farangs. Your typical Thai person never walks quickly. It is more of a saunter and they are seldom in a hurry. However, put them on a motorbike or car and suddenly they feel the need to speed and get where they are going in a hurry. I am not sure why they change as soon as they get in a vehicle.

I am spending my time learning some new programming techniques. I had a good run today and don't mind the heat, but the mosquitoes are really bad in the morning and evening so I hang out on the Internet in my man cave at those times.

I chat with a few bar girls using LINE and they tell me that most of the bars in Bangkok are not too busy at this time. It is after all, the low season in Thailand for tourism, and the high season does not happen until the Fall when the weather turns cooler (less hot would be a fairer description) and far less humid.

I have my wing-man Shaun coming to visit in October and my business partner, wife and friends in early February. Thavorn and I will also be celebrating our birthdays in the 3rd week in September at the Marriott Beach Club Resort in Phuket.

TTYL


1 comment:

  1. Wish my stay was longer but I am limited both due to work schedule and income tax residency requirements :) I shall make my visit count.

    ReplyDelete