Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bangkok Reflections

Today's song is: One Night in Bangkok .. Abba and Murray  .. listen to the lyrics  .. so true!


Lots of time for reflection on my 10 days in Bangkok. My number on reflection is: If you an't have fun in Bangkok then there is something wrong with you. My second reflection is: You really can get carried away with the too much fun. I would guess it is similar to the rush you get on drugs. My third reflection is: If you can control yourself then Bangkok is living the dream :-)

Meanwhile, back in the village, life is pretty much the same, so I anticipate getting back into my morning run and some chair exercises early in the morning before it gets too hot. I think I will have to buy a gym membership once I am back in Bangkok on September 1st. It was very difficult to get back into shape, but once in shape, it is much easier to stay in shape then repeat all the work to get back there.

Thavorn and I have our birthdays coming up in September, me on the 23rd and Thavorn on the 24th. We are also both year of the tiger so it was karma we meet. We will celebrate at the Marriott Beach Club resort in Phuket,  which reminds me I have to purchase the air tickets soon.

In October, I have my wing-man Shaun flying into Bangkok for some clubbing. Then, far in the future, business partner with wife will visit in February of next year. My only wish at this moment is that more of my friends from Canada would come visit me in Thailand.  They are so conventional I doubt that will happen. I can't understand why they are not willing to take a walk on the wild side before departing this life.

BTW, if any readers of this blog would like a guide around Bangkok, I would be happy to oblige :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment