Saturday, April 30, 2016

Moving Day

Today's song is: She Came in Through the Bathroom Window  .. Cocker Classic


Today is moving day and it is proving interesting. We had booked a truck about 3 weeks ago, and I had Thavorn confirm it yesterday and the man whom we had booked was now unavailable but his cousin was at 1,000 baht more. I sense we are being played a bit. Here we sit with all our belongings awaiting a truck and I said to Thavorn, best call and confirm. She calls and the cousin has just been involved in an accident and can't make it, but he has a friend who can and we get his phone number. I know, without calling, it will be another 1,000 baht mare and Thavorn agrees and calls a friend who has a furniture making business and they have a truck that they contract out with. After a couple of calls back and forth we are booked for 6 pm and it is good that we have this truck because it is covered and we have just had our first rainfall in 4 months!

It is now 3 pm and Tacky and Pee stopped by to say goodbye. I was suffering from caffeine withdrawal so I walked to 7/11 to get a coffee. Definitely an improvement as I am very hungover because of my bar hopping with the 3 kings, King Arthur, King John, and King James. Now this trio is really bad when we go on a bar bender. I seem to remember getting home about 3 am and then getting up for 8 am to finish packing for our morning pickup.

I would think we will get into the village about 11 pm. Hopefully the mosquitoes will be asleep, but I somehow doubt it. Thavorn's mom keeps calling as she is excited to see Tai and Dun again and is really excited to see Jaidan as it has been about 6 months since she last saw him.

That's all my diminished brain cells are capable of generating at this moment. Hopefully tomorrow's post will be from the village. Lots of pics tomorrow. It's a real Rambo/Chuck Norris type of village :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment