Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Songkran and Count Down 17 days

Today's song is: The Sound of Silence  .. S and G .. 1981, Central Park


Songkran seems somewhat subdued this year, at least on Soi 22. I was able to walk to the 7/11 without getting wet.  I can only assume that the populace are listening to the Prime Minister's request to conserve water during this period of drought. I will have to go exploring tonight to see how widespread the bah humbug is :-)

Okay, I stand corrected. Songkran is back to normal as I ventured out at 4 pm and found soi 22 awash in fun, water, and drink. Party time. BTW, I seldom take pictures in Songkran due to the copious amounts of water that are coming at you from all directions. Especially with this farang who is well known on Soi 22 despite the baseball cap and dark sunglasses. I am back home now at 6:30 as Jaidan was getting cold, along with Dun so I took them home and threw them in a hot bath. They are now both chilling out and watching TV.


Dun and Jaidan chillin out while watching TV  .. mama soup and BBQ pork on a stick

I am thawing out some pork to fry up with some rice left over from lunch. Thavorn stayed behing with Tai to party a little bit longer. Thavorn loves to party and is only 29 so I encourage her to get out as much as possible. If you love something, set it free  .. if it comes back .. it is yours .. if it does not  .. it never was :-)  words we should all live by.

Tomorrow night Thavorn and I will head out once Jaidan is asleep.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment