Friday, April 22, 2016

Saturday Night - Countdown - 7 days

Today's song is: Another Saturday Night  .. by Cat Stevens


I cooked up a big batch of spaghetti sauce because my friend Shaun really likes it and you can find good spaghetti in South East Asia. He likes it spicy so lots of spicy Thai red peppers :-)  Simmer for 6 hours and then give it a taste  .. yummy, just right.  Pics.



I use fresh ingredients as much as possible including, red, yellow and green peppers, real tomatoes sliced up, Thai red peppers, garlic cloves, and Spanish onions. I prepare everything and the meat and everything gets fried up in a big wok style pan I have.  Then into a big pot to simmer for 6 hours. Of course I also use canned pasta paste and some canned tomatoes.

After one month, the male urchin is still having difficulty sitting in my Ikea chair. Pics.



Last night (Friday) I met Shaun at the airport and we headed out for a night on Bangkok. Cowboy was rocking, especially considering we are now into the off season (hot and more humid). I parked myself at the Doll House as they were very busy and had a lot of new girls. New bar girls are fun, because they don't know me so I can pull their leg and tell them anything and they believe me, until one of the mamas-sans clues them in that I am a lifer with a Thai GF and baby boy.

The Doll House has a great happy hour and also plays great music so I parked myself there, drank some vodka Red Bulls to get started and then moved to black sodas. I splurged and bought a few lady drinks to pay for my evening's entertainment.  I bailed about 10 pm and jumped on the MRT and then the airport link and timed it just about perfectly as I ended up waiting only 10 minutes for Shaun to show up.

Shaun had never taken the airport link before and agreed it was much faster and cheaper than a taxi. While waiting for the train we noticed 2 beautiful young ladies also taking the train. I figured they were Japanese as one of them had light blue hair which Thais don't usually do. We got off the airport link and jumped on the MRT, right behind the 2 girls. They disembarked at Asoke/Sukhumvit, the same as Shaun and I and as we jumped on the escalator, one of them turned around and spoke in perfect English, 'Where are you going?' I answered Cowboy and she said, 'Why don't you come to my bar as it is much cheaper?' Easily persuaded by 2 pretty faces, I agreed to give it a try. Shaun and I then spent 2 lovely hours chatting to what turned out to be 2 sisters who had been to the airport to see their farang step dad off to Sweden. The older sister was university educated whereas the younger was just starting.  At about 2 am we called it a night and we headed off home with the younger sister in tow. Thavorn frowns on me bringing pretty girls home (for some reason) hence 3 rather than 4 :-)

I am interested to hear the rest of the story today over some spaghetti.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment