Saturday, February 16, 2019

1 Sleep and we are gone ..

Today's song is: Leaving on a Jet Plane  .. Goodbye Again  .. John Denver


Well, Thavorn enjoyed our 3 night stay in downtown Bangkok and I used the time to rest by back and get over an evil cold. We also got our flu shots.

We are back at Big Tree and we are trying to lighten our bags somewhat. We are also scrambling for a ride to the airport as it turns out Thavorn's friend did not have sufficient funds to come see us off. I have asked the front desk to arrange a van taxi for us at 5:45 tomorrow morning and I asked her to call me and confirm she was successful. So far no answer. I have a feeling we will be left to GRAB Taxi's mercy at 5 am in the morning. Worst case scenario is we take two taxis.

Tavorn has still not subscribed to my theory, 'If something can go wrong, it will!'

My back is still tender but I have my happy pills for the flight to Canada.

Now that we are close it is becoming real. It has been a two year journey and almost $10,000 to get my family to Canada. We should have just flown to the US and walked across the border. When I arrive, I have to wait 3 months to get OHIP despite paying provincial and federal taxes while I was gone. It must be nice for Ontario to collect provincial taxes and not have to provide any services. Something wrong there. I can see waiting 3 months if you have not been paying taxes but that is not my case.

All my income is Canadian based and taxed at source.

Meanwhile, I have been following the news and anyone that thinks Trudope did f..k up on the Quebec company (sorry, can't be bothered to learn the spelling) is an idiot. Kudos to the indigenous lady who brought it all to our attention. The only thing Trudope seems to be good at is photo bombing people.  Thank you all who elected that idiot. Duh,you thought you would have looked at his resume!

So politics and weather aside, I am looking forward to being back in Canada with friends and family.

My next post will be from Vancouver Canada  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment