Friday, January 25, 2019

Walden Pond Revisited - 20 Days

Today's song is: Joan Baez  .. Forever Young


I have become a minimalist and I did not know it.  I recently came across the term and indeed I am one. Rather than describe it, there are many excellent videos and blogs.


I guess that is the reason I am so happy. I don't have many 'things', and the things I do own and use fit in one suitcase and that includes my 29 inch monitor that I use in my work.


No mortgage payment, no residential tax, no grass cutting, no snow shovelling, no windshield scrapping, no furnace filter changing, no home owners insurance, no car insurance, no car maintenance or tire changing, no to many things  :-)

What do I miss? I do miss a fun motorcycle and I will rectify that some time down the road. There is a freedom involved in motorcycling and may I daresay, it is somewhat anti PC, which I like. There is still an Easy Rider in me just like I still yearn for Walden Pond and a hippie commune.

People and relationships matter, things don't matter. If you have friend and family (loved ones), and food to eat, and a roof over your head, then everything else is fluff. You can't take it with you.

The clue is that we arrive on this planet with nothing, and we leave this planet with nothing, except the memories that live on in the minds of friends and family. I will raise a jar to that  .. as Thavorn is want to say, 'amen', rather strange for a Buddhist  :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment