Thursday, January 3, 2019

Reconciliation of a Sort

Today's song is: The Way I Are  .. Bebe


Well we are back in Bangkok after the usual 6 hour trek was completed. 5 hours by bus followed by a 1 hour taxi ride to the apartment.

We were up at 5:30 to shower and pack and then catch the local transport to the bus station but Thavorn asked if it was okay if her brother drove us. I said I don't mind and Jaidan and I jumped in the back of the pickup (owned by the father-in-law that shot him). 

After he dropped us off I ignored but walked back a bit later and shook his hand and said copoon crup.  Thavorn asked me where I went I told her to thank her brother and she said, I hope you did not pay him as I already did.

Of course I knew she had paid him. Zebras do not lose their stripes.  He may have offered, fully expecting Thavorn to pay him despite owing us 20,000.  I have reconciled all that in my mind because he is, after all, a product of an environment that fosters that way of thinking.  If I could communicate to him then perhaps I could change him but I can't and I long ago learned to change the things I can and accept the things I can't.

The 8:30 bus was sold out but we managed to get 3 tickets on the 9:30 bus, the last one to Bangkok on any given day.  I have never seen them add a bus on during busy periods of the year.  That required future thinking  :-)

There is no place like home albeit ever so humble  ..

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Seems though that his way of thinking is also being reinforced in the meantime

    ReplyDelete