Saturday, January 19, 2019

29 Days to Canada

Today's song is: Get Your Motor Running  .. Steppenwolf


BTW, the lawyer dude is Jack Nicolson in possibly his breakout role  ...

Wherever the winds blow us. My buddy Shaun remarked that I appeared to be favouring living in Canada more so than Thailand.  We really have not decided and without being locked into property and house, it depends on which way the wind is blowing.  Sort of like the start of the Mary Poppins movie.

Yesterday my basketball team competed at the BISAC Bangkok League tournament and we came second in the plate tournament which is the bottom 6 teams out of 12. So, that makes us the 7th best team out of 12 and I am content with that. Our team is made up of a grade 7, a grade 8, 3 grade 9's, 3 grade 10's, and 4 grade 11's. We start the grade 7, a grade 10, and 3 grade 11's.  The top teams are fielding 5 grade 12's.  We are also, one of the smallest international schools with a total enrolment of 620 students from 3 year old to grade 12, playing against large international schools with enrolments of over 2,000 students.  Another huge disadvantage is our 1 gymnasium where the top teams have 6 or more. Hence my contentment for this year, but next year, I would like to be in the middle of the pack in the top 6 teams.

If something is worth doing, it is worth doing well  :-)

I have bout 2 weeks f practices left until Chinese New Year when the school goes on holiday and I start to plan for 6 months in Canada starting on February 17th.  I am leaving the team with a checklist of standards each player must meet in order to make the team.  I have about 18 players who are capable of making the team of 12 players and the program is attracting more players every week as the core of my team is talking up the program.

Thavorn and I have started to buy some warmer clothing for Jaidan so he will be comfortable in Vancouver.  We are are having a difficult time getting him into pants as he has never worn anything but shorts and t-shirts.  He likes hoodies and shoes so we are making progress.  Vancouver will be about 12 degrees when we get there on February 17th.

I contacted our airBnB host and every thing is confirmed for our 6 month stay.  The closest supermarket (within easy walking distance) is FarmBoy which I like and even has some Asian food and sauces.

So, get your motor running  ..

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. It's minus 30 degrees Celsius today in Ottawa. Better buy thermal underwear! There's been a frostbite warning today and past two days. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete