Friday, January 25, 2019

21 Days to Canada

Today's song is: Come Over  .. Clean Bandit


We started preparing for Thavorn's Immigration question when she arrives in Canada. There are quite a few sites, including Government of Canada sites that delineate the questions that she will be asked. I was not surprised she did not understand some of the questions such as: What items are you bringing into questions. It told her items = things and then the lights went on. The vocabulary is what trips her up.  Hopefully she will not be nervous once we finish preparing.  BTW, preparing was not a word she knew but when I explained it meant getting ready she said ok mai, I understand.

I have often been surprised at what Thavorn is anxious to accumulate.  A couple of years ago, i described her yearning for a real Barbie doll at the age of 27. It was something that her friends had growing up, but her family could never afford to have. I never did buy her a barbie, but perhaps I should have.

Lately we have been eyeing a pair of running shoes, waiting for them to go on sale. They were quite popular and Thavorn was disappointed they sold out of her size.  I knew she was disappointed and we decided to look for bargains in all the different brands and I was surprised there was nothing that she like. She kept gravitating back to Adidas and there was nothing on sale so I suggested she try on whatever she liked and she did like a pair at 4,400 baht, on sale for 3,400, 500 baht above what she was willing to pay. I suggested, we would be doing a lot of walking in Canada and that shoes were much more expensive and came with a 13% tax so we bought them. She was ecstatic and when we got home she told me t was the first Adidas item (thing) she had ever bought. It turns out that Adidas is the brand of choice in Thailand, not Nike, or under armour or whatever. I think it is due to their interest in Soccer (Football) which Adidas had locked up in terms of endorsement for years, and I think still do. North America was always more Nike driven.

Chalk one up for making dreams come true. She never would have told me, trying to influence a purchase as that is the way Thavorn is.  :-)

As I type this, Thavorn is working with Jaidan on his numbers, alphabet, and vocabulary in both English and Thai. She has more patience than me in this area although I am professional taught.  Go figure.

I managed to obtain one more basketball to finish off our season. We will be playing in the Shrewsbury Invitation Tournament on February the 2nd.  I am not sure how many players I will have as it is the end of the second semester and the start of Chinese New Year.

Meanwhile, back in Ottawa Canada


Outside my daughter's house


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment