Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Getting Mellow - Countdown Start Tomorrow

Today's songs are mellow  ...


Tomorrow is the 17th and the countdown begins in earnest. We are all looking forward to our new adventure. Matter of fact, if you do not have a new adventure in your life, you are merely existing, not living.

Julian Hanlon and his wife Claire arrived this past weekend on an adventure and they seem to be enjoying themselves. It has always puzzled me why more of my friends are hesitant to step outside their comfort zones and embrace the world. BTW, Florida and Mexico do not count and Europe is a stretch, but that can too be an adventure.

I am looking forward to seeing Jaime's new house and partaking of a dinner or two there. I am also looking forward to having a few beers with Jordan and his friends and perhaps play some games of pool.

Then, of course there are some friends that I wish to see  .. Don Burke is always fun and interesting, Terry Nolan is refreshing as always, Coach Brown  is always an affable companion on a wing and beer night and his wife Lorraine is always the ultimate host.  Liz and Ray always need a visit and a chance to get updated as well as the  new boss of the upper Ottawa Valley, Debbi Wensley and Bob who brings her back to reality.  Paul Cotton always owes me the yearly dinner and a few rounds of beer. Unfortunately I miss the Ravens this time around in basketball.  Cindy Mar and Francis are always fascinating to see and get uptodate in their lives.

I would guess I would miss out on some snowbirds. Bondo and Ashley are still down south.  Bill Fox should be around and if he can sneak out to see me is usually good for a coffee. I think the muffin disapproves of Bill fraternizing with me these days due to rumours my ex spread around to my friends.

I have given up on Bainer and Rheal. Bainer is just too busy and Rheal is not ready to move on. It would still be great to see either of them.

My new friend Gerry needs a wake up call and when Bondo arrives we should descend upon Gerry's escape from marriage haven and find out why Gerry has still yet to set foot on Thailand.

I must not forget my two sisters who always seem willing to entertain and feed me once a year. I am not sure how they will handle me 6 months at a time.  No doubt I will test Bill's (Ann's hubby) patience from time to time, but he needs his cage rattled from time to time.

I am sure I am forgetting someone but then again, I can always claim old timer's disease and I ain't getting any younger  :-)


Julian and Margaret


John and Claire


The McGrath's


Julian at rest


Julian being Julian  :-)
 

Jaidan is growing up  .. 4 and a half years old .. 120 cm



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment