Monday, January 28, 2019

18 Days to Canada

Today's song is: Baez  .. Blowing in the Wind  ..


Thavorn and Jaidan headed off to the village today to say their goodbyes and spend some time with her family. There currently is a lot of friction between Thavorn's mother and her two oldest (12 and 13) children who are feeling their oats. The children are typical, thinking they are smarter than they are and have life all figured out. The grandmother has no clue how to interact with them other than yelling and the odd smack.  Shouting accomplishes nothing! I predict the situation is not going to turn out well. It seldom does in the village.

I keep telling Thavorn she will have to make a choice. Make herself happy or try to make her family happy.  She is leaning towards making herself happy as she can't see the forest for the trees with regards to her family.  I told her to take Jaidan and I out of the picture and imagine what her life would be like. Her two children do not want to leave their friends (misery loves company) and go to Canada which is fine by me. They are choosing to be poor for life.

So I am baching it for about 10 days. Time to say my goodbyes, play one last basketball tournament. buy a couple of books, kick back and contemplate, and have a bit of fun.

Our lease is up on February 12 so we will leave Febrile 13th and stay at the Hyatt/Regency downtown on the 13-15 and return to Big Tree residence the night of Febrary 16th as we fly out early on the 17th and Big Tree is close to the airport. Sating at the Hyatt/Regency downtown will enable Thavorn to see her friends and I plan to go out the 15th (Saturday) and party with some friends.

So, it is getting real and I find myself wishing the days away which is not a good thing at my age.


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment