Wednesday, January 2, 2019

No Limits ..

Today's song is: Queen Live  .. 24 mins


I never give up hope. I was spending some time being productive updating the online basketball score board that I have been programming while in the village. I plan of making it available free to the basketball community as pay back to a wonderful community.

I took a break and went outside to see what was going on and I noticed the motorbike with the bad clutch bearings was gone.  Fool that I was, I thought someone took it to the Honda dealership to get looked at.

I asked Thavorn where it went and she said Lot, her momma's live in BF took it to the market to pay back a loan. Of course he has no income and Thavorn just gave her mom the money for the month so, I have in fact paid off the loan which was probably to buy some maryjane that he bought.

Now, I have come to accept the fact that the money I give to the mother (which is not a lot, about $450 a month) also support Jabba the Hut  (my nickname for momma), the good for nothing live in BF, and the worthless brother when he is broke, which is often.

However, why, when there is a functioning motorcycle sitting beside the one that needs maintenance, would the good for nothing BF take the one in need of repair. My guess is one had fuel (I just filled it up after the good for nothing brother returned it empty yesterday) and the other one is empty. The other issue I have all the time is it is a nice leisurely 10 minutes walk.

Perfect sense for a Thai living in the present  .. one full, working but maybe not tomorrow, and one working, but empty today.

Once you begin to understand how they think, it all makes sense.

I just started to laugh  .. Now Lot went to the expensive school down the road and finished grade 12 so I guess he is just smarter than everyone else.  Doesn't have to work, his drinking and smoking habit is looked after, has food to eat, and a roof over his head.  For a rural Thai, it simply does not get better than that.. until I pull the plug  :-)  but that is in the future  .. not to worry about in the now  ...

TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment