Sunday, October 4, 2015

2nd Night Out

Today's song is: Puff the magic Dragon .. for the children in all of us .. may we never grow up and still experience the awe and wonder that is still there in our world ... if you have the will to look for it .. 2013 old farts version


Shaun and I started out at Country Road because I wanted to find out how bad we were on Monday night. We were greeted with smiles and the older lady I shoot pool with told me we were lots of fun and well behaved and very entertaining. I figure that is the way it should be. We started out listening to the band and after about 15 mins I suggested we should sit outside and watch the 7 pm shift arrive for work at Soi Cowboy.

One of the first ladies to arrive was Shaun's wing lady from Monday night that accompanied us to Pat Pong until she disappeared. She had a big smile for us so I figured we were safe. I asked her where she had got to and she said she suggested to Shaun that we would have more fun if we did not have a lady in tow. As it turned out she was correct and enjoyed the opportunity to head home for an early evening. Most people do not realize that the girls can not take an evening off and they get fined if they do not show up for work 24/7.

After an hour of navel gazing Shaun and I headed off to my favorite bar which is the Dollhouse. 1 of my 3 favorite ladies was on stage and I invited her down for a lady drink. About the same time, 3 crazy guys in their early 30's arrived. A German, and American, and an Aussie. They had been travelling alone until they met at a bar a few days earlier and had been a trio ever since. They were all engaging and funny with the Aussie being the most fun which is not unusual.

I have discovered that Shaun is ADD and his attention deficit disorder kicked in after about an hour and I had to leave my lovely friend and head off to Nana Plaza on Soi 4. We decided to walk to wear off a few vodka and RedBulls and along the way we passed the many stalls selling knockoffs, sex aids, and everything else that you can imagine.

When we hit Soi 7/1, I suggested that we stop at the Magic Table as I wished to see an old friend I had not seen for about 6 months. She spotted me before I hit the curtained opening and I was greeted by a leaping hug. Good thing she only weighs about 45 kilos. The Magic table is aptly named because the ladies dance, commando style, with skimpy little skirts on top of tables that feature a mirrored top. I leave the result to your imagination. My friends number tag is #1 and she has that honor for reasons I will not go into.

The ladies that work the Magic Table are really funny and good humored. I highly recommend this bar for a fun night. They also have a pool table out front but it is pretty beat-up. The man who runs the bar is simply referred to as the French Man, and is, indeed, from Paris, but now makes his home in the LOS.

I explained to my friend that we were touring bars and she said, 'Jimmy, I wait for you?', and I respectfully told her I doubt if we would make it back and told her not to wait.

Shaun and I headed off for the short walk to Nana Plaza and decided to check in at the Lollipop Bar to see if his friend from his last visit was working, or perhaps Thavorn's friend Tacky was there. We were both disappointed and decided to bar hop. After about an hour I decided to head off to Hillary 2 to listen to my favorite live bands. Shaun told me he would follow along later.

It has been quite a while since Thavorn and I had been to to Hillary's and only one waitress recognized me. However 4 band members did and I got a big hello. I quite enjoyed the music and was joined by a young lady after about 20 minutes, and what the heck, a little company would be fun.  Shaun showed up about 90 minutes later and decided he would head home. I decided to head off to look for some place to play pool which did not have an 45 minute wait in order to play.

By this time, it is about 1:30 am. I headed off to a bar called Strikers which has quite a few tables and was greeted by a young lady who stated that she was pretty good at pool and that there was a free table.  I said great and walked over to the table and lo and behold there was Thavorn's friend Tacky and Nimo, one of her constant companions. I mentioned to Tacky that I had a night out and Thavorn could use one as well and encouraged her to give Thavorn a call to set something up.

The pool and young lady both turned out great and I ended up winning 3 games to 2 so I was pretty happy and bid her adieu (after explaining I had a girl friend) and decided to walk the 7 kms home. I have always felt safe walking around Bangkok at all hours and it was 2:30 am and I wanted to walk off some more vodka and RedBulls. Walking is a great time to reflect on life and at that moment I was quite content with mine.

I made it home about 3:30 am and happily flopped into bed rolling over to give Thavorn a kiss goodnight.

TTYL

1 comment:

  1. I actually wanted to buy a bag of bugs like I did last time - I didn't take any photos of me eating them (or being fed bugs) and that would have been a good photo op. Next time, need bugs.

    ReplyDelete