Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hump Day

Today's song is: Can't Stop  ... Chili Peppers


It's hump day (Wednesday) again and I had promised to take Thavorn to get her belly button pierced so into the shower at 11 am (after my 45 minute swim) for Jaidan and I, followed shortly by Thavorn and we headed off via taxi to the closest MRT station which is Sukhumvit and Asoke. Now, normally we would walk but I knew I would be holding Jaidan for a long time so we wimped out and took a taxi rather than walk the 4 kilometers to the station.

MRT is the underground subway and we used it to get to Silom road, home of Pat Pong (naughty area) and Silom Complex which has the belly button piercing placing clinic. I assume the belly button piercing location has something to do with pat Pong being close by. Many bar girls have their buttons pierced. The clinic's name is NooYoo and is a great concept. Would be a great franchise to bring to Canada.  

http://www.nooyoo.com

Thavorn was a little apprehensive but the use a piercing gun which is much better than the needle I have seen used in some places.  Jaidan and I were left to our own devices while the piercing was underway and we cruised the mall until his diaper needed changing (into the men's washroom I went, the diaper changing station was in the women's washroom, but we made do). Thavorn was done and she was pleased with the results so we headed off to the MRT for the return home. Once out of the Sukhumvit station we wimped out again and caught a taxi home.

It was a quiet afternoon because Jaidan decided he needed a 2 hour nap. Thavorn is cooking up a chicken cashew stir fry for supper. She is a really good cook and seems to enjoy it. In return, she never has to clean a dirty dish or pot.

I really have to find some sort of mp3 music player for Jaidan as he loves music and we don't feel comfortable with Jaidan using our expensive smart phones as a player. Something that pairs up with our blue tooth speakers would be ideal. Seems to be quite a few players available for under $35 or about 1,000 baht, but then again you can buy a Chinese phone with KitKat 4.4 for 1,000 baht as well, plus you get a camera.

Lots of choices :-)

TTYL

 

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I entered a comment, and got taken down a Google rabbit hole just like the original Alice and had to respond to a barrage of questions. Did you get my original comment (since I passed the "Google test of authenticity"?) As I have said many times before to you, technology is great when it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I think Google ate your original comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I think Google ate your original comment.

    ReplyDelete