Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pretty Lady

Today's song is Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison ... 2010 edition


Are you familiar with the movies 'Pretty Lady' with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. I would think it was Julia's breakout movie. It is the story of a wealth business man who falls in love with a country hooker who makes him rethink his life experience to date. Of course, the same can be said for the girl as she becomes a 'Lady'.

There is a similar movie named 'My Fair Lady' with Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison where a lo-so lady is transformed into an elegant woman of substance with the same results.

These two movies come to mind because of my past experience with my two Russian friends and now Thavorn. My two Russian friends were more like Audrey Hepburn whereas Thavorn is more like Julia Roberts. I have notices (and Thavorn as well) that Thavorn attract a lot more attention from farangs these days when she is out and about. Last night we were at Country Road and Thavorn was playing pool with one of the pool ladies and a young farang kept hitting on her, asking her to dance or play pool. Thavorn was laughing it off, while the pool lady was getting pissed off at the young farang as she knows Thavorn has a family and is a 'good' girl.

Thavorn has grown into an elegant, confident, young woman whom exudes a comfortable ambiance in a night club. Apparently, this is quite attractive to farangs. She has always had the disarming, welcoming smile, but paired with her new confidence she is quite alluring. It is also plain to see, that she has resumed her svelte, pre birth, physical shape as she recently slipped below 50 kgs. she is downright sexy :-)

Shaun recently asked me why I now call Saa (her Thai nickname) Thavorn and the reason is, she is different now, and Thavorn fits better in my mind. Thavorn and I had a discussion (I forgot to mention that her English is much better now) and she agreed that she is more comfortable in her skin. I have noticed that she reads much more now, via her smart phone. She often knows about some news before I do, so her world view is expanding. All in all, a great change has occurred in Thavorn. Hopefully she will not out grow this old farang.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment