Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Today's song is: YMCA by the Village People


Punter's Discourse: Tim Sharky talks about his experiences with hookers in Bangkok in a totally politically incorrect manner. You have been warned :-)


I am seriously considering living in Thavorn's village for a few months when my current condo lease runs out in April. My lifestyle in Bangkok costs me about 60,000 baht a month. That would include about 30,000 baht for my condo, 10,000 baht for food, and 20,000 baht for entertainment.

Moving to the village would free up 50,000 to spend on something like a new motorcycle. I have been an avid motorcyclist since I was 16 and bought my first, a 650cc Triumph Bonneville in the summer of 66. I followed up in subsequent years with a Norton 750cc, a Norton 850cc, a Honda 650cc, and a Yamaha 1000cc crotch rocket. I would not purchase a nice motorcycle in Bangkok because of theft and traffic congestion. However, in the village I would be able to start to explore the many different regions of Bangkok. Food for thought ... Walter Mitty may be back.

SO many choices but the taxes on Motorcycles in Thailand is quite high except for certain bikes manufactured in Thailand. I could be tempted by a Triumph street fighter 675cc or a Kawasaki Versys 650cc.




Both would be good choices. Triumph for sentimental reasons and hooligan fun and the Kawasaki, a more logical choice for touring around the countryside in search of bars that I would miss living in the village :-) Both bikes cost about 450,000 Baht, or 10 months in the village.

Jaidan asleep in the village at 10 am.  Handsome boy! Notice he is sweating (hair).

Displaying 20151028101439.jpg

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. Tell us again how much you enjoyed living in that village though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim,
    I'd go for the sentimentality. Plus imo, the Triumph is a much nicer bike.

    ReplyDelete