Monday, October 19, 2015

Liberals In

Today's song is: Times are a Changin  .. Dylan


Canadians wanted a change after 10 years of Harper and a Conservative government. In comes Justin Trudeau and the liberals and time will tell if a change was worthwhile. What  I care most about is the Canadian dollar in relation to the Thai baht so I hope this change brings in a new level of prosperity for Canada.

What I would really like to see is Canada stop selling property and land to foreigners, driving up real estate prices so that Canadians can not afford them. These foreigners often accumulate their wealth without the restrictions that Canadians have to work with. They often run sweat shops and pay daily rates of less than $10 a day. They are the modern day Robber Barons.

I also don't understand why, although having the the 4th largest oil reserves in the world, we pay such high prices for gas at the pumps. I don't think the average Canadian in Canada benefits from these reserves, unlike the average Camel Jockey or even Malaysian. Go figure.

Not much happening these days on the entertainment front as I am being frugal while saving up to pay my Canadian tax bill from 2014. Someone has to support your Canadian lifestyle :-). As they say in Bangkok  .. no money, no honey!

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been very critical of Stephen Harper and in some ways I like him - though it is not popular to say so in our circles - but when I saw he was chumming in photos with the Ford brothers it was like a turning point. I think Trudeau will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google seems to have eaten my comment about the joy of a Liberal win! Didn't realize they were conservatives.

    ReplyDelete