Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Trip to the Canadian Embassy

I was up with Jaidan (my son) at dawn ... his choice, not mine ... as we needed to visit the Canadian Embassy. We could have taken a taxi but that can be time consuming during rush hour. Instead we walked (actually he rides in a belly harness) for 20 minutes and took the MRT (subway) to Lumpini Station and then walked an additional 10 mins to the Embassy.


I included 2 photos, my city mode of transport and my village mode of transport.


 The embassy is in this building but it is not listed on the sign outside (Starbucks is everywhere). It is on the 15th floor an I can't say enough good things about the Thai staff that work there. They are truly exceptional in their friendliness and level of service. Jaidan now has his Canadian Citizenship as well as his Canadian passport. He is a very lucky boy as his Canadian and Thai citizenship's and passports give him access to the developed economic countries as well as the developing countries of the 21st century.

I promised more Bangkok photos so here is the Lexus dealership I passed on my way back home once getting off the MRT.


There are beautiful advertisements throughout the MRT platforms and they are often 3d in design using the walls, floors and nature. Makes the Vancouver subway system positively boring! Bangkok also has the largest electronic advertising displays that are bigger than a basketball court.


No comments:

Post a Comment