Friday, March 6, 2015

Playing Pool in Bangkok

I love playing pool and there is no shortage of places to play pool in Bangkok.  There are the dedicated pool halls with serious players and tournaments. I tend to avoid those unless I wish to practice. The most consistent part of my game is inconsistency and I should practice more.

I guess one could say I am a social player and enjoy drinking and playing with strangers, preferably female strangers. Many Thai women play pool and they are usually pretty good at it. Many bars have about 6 tables and you put your name on a list and when your name pops up you take the place of a loser and stay and play for free until you lose and then you pay for the game you lost. The most number of wins I have strung together is 5. There is usually a crowd around the tables (which I do not like) and good shots will draw a round of applause. Like golf, the more you play, the better you get.

Now that Jaidan is here, I don't get as much playing time in as I would like.


Jaidan has this table booked! 


Jaidan's Mom Thavorn


Whacky Tacky and Thavorn


Thavorn lines up the side pocket 


Hustler's Pool Hall


The men's washroom at Hustler's - I wonder what is in the ladies washroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment