Monday, March 23, 2015

Back in Bangkok

I had forgotten how fatiguing it can be to travel with a 7 month old baby. However, we are back in Bangkok. However, before we left Phuket we had ...


One more visit to the children's pool.


Play time with Poppa.


Cleanup in the pool shower. 


One last walk on the beach with Poppa ...
 

and Momma.


One last cleanup in the bathtub ...

with Poppa.

The best part of travelling with a young baby is you get priority boarding. However, the dark side to that is you are in your seat longer and you have longer to entertain Mr. ADHD! It turns out Jaidan is reminding me very much of my son Jordan when he was a similar age.

We were spoiled while staying at the resort. Unlike most Bangkok restaurants, restaurants at the resort had high chairs. I vowed to get one as soon as I arrived back in Bangkok. It turned out they were very expensive (6,000 -12,000 baht) and only found at hi-so malls. A quick check on the internet turned up ... guess what .... Bangkok has an Ikea.

So we grabbed a taxi via GrabTaxi, the Asia equivalent of Uber and the taxi arrived on time at our apartment and off we went to Ikea. I had keyed our destination into GrabTaxi so the taxi driver already new where Ikea was ... which was a novelty ... at least for the first taxi flagged down on the street :-)


Here is Jaidan in his 1,900 Baht high chair!


While at Ikea, I could not pass picking up my favorite Ikea chair. I have now purchased 5 of these and have left a trail of them across Canada and Asia.

I also could not pass up the Ikea food court for a quick lunch of Ikea hot dogs, Ikea french fries, and Ikea, all you can drink Coke. I also bought some Ikea chocolate bars! 

The taxi fare was 150 Baht which is about $5 CDN for a 25 minute ride. I will definitely be going back to Ikea sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment